Monday 25 August 2014

BANISHING SELF-DOUBT



What causes one to doubt one’s self? Is it the fear of failure? But then how do you know you will fail if you never try? And even when you do try how many times is enough to come to the conclusion that you indeed  have failed?
Self-doubt more often than not is borne from a feeling of insecurity.  In other wards to deal with self-doubt one must first ask the question, what makes me feel insecure?  When you find the answer(s) examine them next to what you think makes you feel secure. By doing so hopefully you realize that even that which you think makes you secure is not exempt from the only constant in life, change. 

I always thought myself to have little or no insecurities until I suffered a great loss. Everything I thought made me secure changed in an instant and I found myself in a state of free fall. I had to unlearn and let go of what I had know all my life to be the bedrock of my confidence. It was not easy but then by doing so I became stronger and realized that doubting ones self  is not the problem but dwelling on it to the point it takes over your every thought and action is .  

What you consider your securities and insecurities are all down to your sense of perception.
So what do you do?  Turn your feelings of insecurity into those of security. How?   

  Live for you but let your conscience be your guide

Do not fear rejection, instead let it motivate you

Bear in mind that in life, change is the only constant

Take yourself seriously but not so much that you cannot laugh at yourself

Realize that having a dream is not the end do the work that comes with it

It is OK to second guess yourself but just for a minute no more

Do not give any one the permission to make you doubt your abilities.

Always remember you are ONE OF A KIND.


We all are on life’s journey. Routes and paces may vary but the destination is the same; our individual, dreams, goals and aspirations. You may have to take some detours along the way even they have their purpose. No experience is a waste just as no plan is100% fool proof.  What matters is you trust yourself and take that all important first step and the ones after………..


……… “Nothing binds you except your thought; nothing limits you except your fear; and nothing controls you except your beliefs” – Marianne Williamson





No comments:

Post a Comment